The Appendix (AIWB) w/ Optional Sidecar
The Appendix Holster is an Inside the Waistband (AIWB), concealment holster, with a built-in tensioner. The standard model is a basic IWB in black kydex, with a standard IWB clip (1.50" or 1.75"). Customers can then add an optional sidecar, claw and bumper. The Appendix Holster with Sidecar will be slightly contoured to the body. Customers can change features, such as light/laser options, color and clip attachment for an additional cost. EMAIL US ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS YOU WANT US TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR ORDER. ANY MODIFICATIONS YOU MADE TO YOUR FIREARM WILL EFFECT THE FIT OF THE HOLSTER, SO WE NEED TO KNOW ALL YOUR DETAILS.
Please read disclaimers below about Appendix holsters with NO sidecar, these holsters are made with one piece of kydex that is folded over and pressed, there are some limitations to color/patterns. The addition of lights/lasers can cause color limitations as well. Sidecar holsters are two pieces of kydex riveted together and vacuum pressed, there not any limitations to color/patterns unless lights/lasers are added, then there could be possible limitations.
RCS CLAW (short): These are used for light bearing and non light-bearing holsters. It is used to leverage the grip of the pistol close to the body, while still allowing for a clean, repeatable draw. It mounts to the side of the trigger guard area and juts out toward the belt line. As the belt is tightened, it pushes against the Claw and levers the grip of the weapon to the body.
RCS VG CLAW (long): These are used for non light-bearing holsters. They are designed to mount below the trigger guard and is used to leverage the grip of the pistol to the body, while still allowing for a clean, repeatable draw. (Pairs well with the Overhook Strut)
MODWING LIGHT BEARING: These are used for light bearing holsters. Applies additional leverage by rotating the holster and the grip of the gun towards the user's body, creating better concealment and less user "printing" of the firearm and holster.
RCS BUMPER: Designed to mount to the inside face of the holster shell toward the muzzle end, the bumper will help lever the top and grip of the weapon into the body and maximize concealment, especially with an appendix carry.
OVERHOOK STRUTS: J-clip style attachment. Pairs well with the RCS VG Claw (long). If the overhook strut is the attachment you are looking for, keep in mind, If ordering an AIWB with no sidecar, it is recommended you choose 1 overhook strut (if you are adding a light to this kind of holster, depending on the size of the firearm, 2 struts may be useful. PLEASE EMAIL US IF YOU ARE UNSURE AND WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS, in most cases, one strut is enough.). If you are looking for a AIWB with the addition of a sidecar, it is recommended that you choose 2 overhook struts (these are just recommendations)
If you don't see a specific light/laser in the drop down menu for lights
1) Check Inventory tab to see if your light is available
2) Some firearms have specific light/laser attachments, and will be available when selecting your firearm.
COLOR/PATTERN SWATCH LIMITATIONS FOR APPENDIX W/ SIDECAR
1) LARGE FIREARMS & FIREARM/LIGHT COMBINATIONS W/ SIDECAR MAY HAVE COLOR/PATTERN LIMITATIONS. SWATCHES WITH THIS SYMBOL *, WILL HAVE LIMITATIONS. Please email us if you are unsure, we will get back to you promptly.
COLOR/PATTERN SWATCH LIMITATIONS FOR APPENDIX W/ NO SIDECAR
1) APPENDIX IWB WITH NO SIDECAR IS MADE WITH ONE PEICE OF KYDEX FOLDED OVER AND PRESSURE PRESSED. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF PATTERNS WITH THIS SYMBOL (*), THESE PATTERNS COME ON A SMALLER PIECE OF KYDEX, WHICH MAKES LARGER FIREARMS, AND FIREARM/LIGHT COMBO HOLSTERS DIFFICULT TO MAKE. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE UNSURE AND ARE INTERESTED IN A SPECIFIC PATTERN.
2) APPENDIX IWB HOLSTERS WITH NO SIDECAR, SWATCHES THAT HAVE A CENTERED PICTURE LIKE THE SPARTAN, SKULL, THIN BLUE LINE, ETC...THESE PATTERNS WILL BE IN THE BEND OF THIS STYLE HOLSTER. CHECK THE IWB GALLERY BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE YOU LIKE HOW THOSE PATTERNS ARE DISPLAYED.